Gujarat launches Vatan Prem Yojana
Governing body of Vatan Prem Yojana held its first meeting on September 4, 2021. The Vatan Prem Yojana was launched on August 7, 2021.
- They held the meeting at Gandhinagar under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- Presentation of details of the scheme was put before the chief minister.
- Governing body proposed works to the tune of Rs 1,000 crore, which have to be completed by December 2022.
Project Management Unit
Governing body has formed a project management unit for the smooth implementation of this scheme.
Donors under the project
Governing body has made it possible for donors to send their money online. Under the scheme, Non-Resident Gujaratis (NRGs) and NRIs can contribute 60 percent of the cost of a village-level project. Remaining 40 percent amount will be borne by the state government.
Vatan Prem Yojana
Vatan prem Yohana is a repackaged version of Madar-e-Vatan scheme by the state government of Gujarat. Madar-e-Vatan has been renamed due to association of the title with Persian language. In the earlier version of the scheme, contribution of the state government and NRIs was 50:50. Now, it has been changed to 60:40.
Projects covered under the scheme
The Vatan prem yojana will cover village-level projects such as:
- Smart classes in schools and Library
- Community hall, Primary health centre and Anganwadi
- CCTV surveillance system,
- Water recycling, drainage, sewage treatment and beautification of ponds.
- Solar energy powered streetlights, etc.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|