Cabinet approves proposal to permit GAIL to sign agreement on TAPI Gas pipe line project
The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas to permit GAIL India Limited to ink the Gas Sale & Purchase Agreement (GSPA) with Turkmenistan’s national oil company Turrnen-Gas, for the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) Gas Pipeline Project.
The provisos of the GSPA have been structured to safeguard India’s commercial interests as India is at the tail end of the pipeline. Afghanistan and Pakistan have committed to the safety and security of the pipeline via the Inter-Governmental Agreement and the Gas Purchase Framework Agreement inked amongst the 4 countries in December 2010.
TAPI Gas Pipeline:
- To be 1680 Km in length (144 Km in Turkmenistan, 735 Km in Afghanistan & 800 Kms in Pakistan)
- Capacity of 90 MMSCMD (Million Metric Standard Cubic Meter Definition) of gas
- 38 MMSCMD each for India and Pakistan and the remaining 14 MMSCMD for Afghanistan.
Expected to be operational in 2018
- Expected to supply gas over a 30 years period.
- Source of the gas: South Yoiotan Osman field, recently renamed ‘Galkynysh’
- Galkynysh certified to be holding proven recoverable gas reserves of 16 trillion cubic metres.
G-sec acquisition programme – G-SAP 1.0
The Reserve Bank of India recently announced a Government Security Acquisition Programme, GSAP 1.0. ...
Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to dedicate the Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline to India on...
Air Quality Commission’s Directions on Piped Natural Gas (PNG)
The Air Quality commission recently directed all the industries in the National Capital Region to sw...
Krishna Godavari Basin’s R- Cluster
The Reliance Industries Limited and British Petroleum recently announced the start of gas production...
India’s plan to create Gas infrastructure
The Government of India is to increase the share of Natural Gas in the primary energy mix of the cou...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|