1. Judicial review in the Indian constitution is based on ?
Rule of law.
Due process of law.
Procedure established by law.
Precedents and conventions.
2. The drafting of the constitution was completed on ?
(A)26th January 1950.
(B)26th December 1949.
(C)26th November 1949.
(D)30th November 1949.
3. Who was the President of the constituent assembly ?
(A)Pt. Jawahar lal Nehru.
(C)Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
(D)Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
4. Which innovative discussion process is introduced by the Indian parliament to the world parliamentary systems ?
5. The judges of the supreme court retire at the age of ?
6. When there is an official change in the exchange rate of domestic currency, then it is called ?
7. Inflation redistributes income and wealth in favor of ?
8. The fringe benefit tax was introduced in the budget of ?
9. In the budget estimates for 2011-12, an allocation of Rs. 400 crore has been made to bring in a green revolution in the east in the cropping system of ?
10. As announced by the finance minister in his budget speech on 28-2-2011, the income tax exemption limit for individuals, other than senior citizens and women has been raised to ?
11. Who among the following British persons admitted the revolt of 1857 as a national revolt ?
12. The Greek ambassador sent to Chandragupta Maurya's court was ?
13. Identify the European power from whom Shivaji obtained and ammunition ?
14. The call of "Back to the Vedas" was given by ?
(B)Swami Dayanand Saraswati.
(D)Raj Ram Mohan Roy.
15. Simon Commission was boycotted by the nationalist leaders of India because ?
(A)They felt that it was only an eyewash.
(B)All the members of the commission were English.
(C)The members of the commission were based against India.
(D)It did not meet the demands of the Indians.
16. The lowest layer of the atmosphere is ?
17. The Konkan railway connects ?
18. Bark of this tree is used as a condiment ?
19. How much of the earth's land surface is desert ?
20. Which of the following is called the shrimp capital of India ?
21. River Indus originates from ?
22. The atmospheric air is held to the earth by ?
(D)Rotation of the earth.
23. The function of ball bearings in a wheel is ?
(A)To increase friction.
(B)To convert kinetic friction into rolling friction.
(C)To convert static friction into kinetic friction.
(D)Just for convenience.
24. Shock-absorbers are usually made of steel as it ?
(A)Is not brittle.
(B)Has lower elasticity.
(C)Has higher elasticity.
(D)Has no ductile property.
25. The first computer made available for commercial use was ?
26. A communication network which is used by large organizations over regional, national or global area is called ?
27. Who was the architect of north and south blocks of the central secretariat in Delhi ?
(A)Sir Edward Lutyens.
(C)Robert Tor Russell.
28. Saliva helps in the digestion of ?
29. The longest bone in the human body is ?
30. Red data book gives information about species which are ?
31. Which of the following is the smallest bird ?
32. The time period of a pendulum when taken to the moon would ?
(A)Remain the same.
33. Indian army's operation "saiyam" was related to ?
(B)Indo-China Border in the central region north-east.
(D)Indo-pak border in Punjab and Rajasthan.
34. Which of the following could be used as fuel in propellant or rockets ?
(A)Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Nitrogen.
(B)Liquid Oxygen + Liquid Argon.
(C)Liquid Nitrogen + Liquid Oxygen.
(D)Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Oxygen.
35. The addition of gypsum to Portland cement helps in ?
(A)Increasing the strength of cement.
(B)Rapid setting of cement.
(C)Preventing rapid setting of cement.
(D)Reduction in the cost of cement.
36. White lung disease is prevalent among the workers of ?
37. Iodoform is used as an ?
38. AN artificial ecosystem is represented by ?
39. The constituents of automobile exhaust that can cause cancer is/are ?
(A)Oxides of nitrogen.
40. The optimum dissolved oxygen level (in mg/liter) required for survival of aquatic organisms is ?
41. The world's only floating national park is situated in ?
42. According to the latest Education Development Index based on a series of surveys conducted by the national university of education, planning and administration and released in February , 2011, the state with the highest development index is ?
43. The project snow leopard to conserve the endangered species, by the union ministry of environment and forests covers the state of ?
(A)Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh only.
(B)Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand only.
(C)Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh only.
(D)Jammu and Kashmir , Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
44. In the railway budge for 2011-12, an outlay of Rs. 57,630 crore has been announced for adding new lines with length of ?
45. The strong earthquake-cum-tsunami which has moved Japan's main island by a few feet and has caused the earth's axis to wobble is expected to lead to the shortening of the day by ?
46. Which of the following folk/tribal dances is associated with Uttar Pradesh ?
47. Which of the following books has been written by atiq rahimi ?
(A)Earth and ashes.
(B)This sawage rite.
(C)The red devil.
(D)Witness the night.
48. Who is the recipient of the Sahitya Akademi award 2010 in Hindi Literature category ?
49. The 2010 FIFA World cup final was held at ?
50. Who of the following received Sangeet natak akademi's Ustad Bismillah khan Yuva Puruskar for 2009 in Hindustani vocal music ?
(A)Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar
(B)Ragini Chander Shekar.
(C)Abanti Chakravorty and Sukracharya.
1. Judicial review in the Indian constitution is based on ?
Last Updated: January 31, 2012
Bank Exams Section
- Bank PO Study Material
- Banking Current Affairs
- Bank PO Questions
- Marketing Aptitude
- Computer Awareness
- Bank PO Quizzes
- Current Repo Rate
- Current Reverse Repo Rate
- Current CRR
- Current SLR
- Business Glossary
Civil Services Section
- Ancient History Notes
- Medieval History Notes
- Modern History & Freedom Struggle Notes
- Indian History Quizzes
- History Short Questions
- Concepts in Indian History
- Development of Constitution
- Constitution of India
- Indian Polity Questions
- Indian Polity Quiz
- Indian Agriculture Notes
- Indian Industries Notes
- Indian Banking Industry Notes
- Indian Economy Quiz
- Indian Economy Concepts
- Indian Economy Questions
- Geography Quizzes
- Geography Short Questions
- IT & Computers Notes
- Environment General Studies Notes
- Science Short Questions
- Science Quizzes
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Archive 2011