1. Who among the following has won the Gold medal in the Men's 100 m Sprint in London Olympics-2012?
2. Guru Vempati Chinna Satyam who passed away recently was an exponent of which among the following classical dance forms ?
3. Consider the following Statements regarding the 'Fundamental Physics Prize':
1.This prize is the most lucrative academic prize in the world.
2.Nine physicists worldwide including an Indian Physicist have been awarded this prize also known as 'Russian Nobel'.
3.Indian Physicist Ashoke Sen has been awarded for his research on 'String Theory'.
Which among the following Statement(s) is/are correct?
[B]1 and 3
[C]2 and 3
[D]1, 2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
The coveted prize of USD three million (about Rs 16.75 crore) is instituted by Russian entrepreneur Yuri Milner.
4. Recently, the Union Cabinet approved the proposal of Department of Space to launch a satellite to Mars in _____ .
5. Recently the Prime Minister has constituted a committee to review taxation of development centres and IT sector. It is headed by ________:
6. Recently India has allowed foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Pakistan. In this context, consider the following Statements:
1.FDI will be only through government route and not through the automatic route.
2.Except a few sectors-Defense, Space and Atomic Energy, Government has allowed all kinds of investments and that too without a cap.
Which among the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 and 2
Earlier, no individual residing in Pakistan or a company based there was permitted to invest as FDI in India.Measures On, to aid greater export and imports of essential commodities b/w the two nations.Earlier Pakistan scrapped the positive list with India. The move unlocked its markets to a wide range of Indian goods. However, it brought in a negative list of 1,209 items it couldn’t import from India. India can now export more than 7,500 tariff lines to Pakistan.
7. Which among the following is the largest crude oil supplier to India?
The pressure of US sanctions on Iran is evident with Indian refiners shifting attention to other crude oil producing nations. Though India has been maintaining that it is not reducing imports from Iran, the import numbers for 2011-12 tell a different story.Supplies from Iraq and Kuwait have seen a significant increase, even as Saudi Arabia maintained its position as the largest supplier. Till now, Iran was India's second-biggest crude oil supplier after Saudi Arabia, meeting about 12 per cent of the country's needs, but the position has been taken over by Iraq.
8. London Olympics-2012 is the ____ Olympic Event.
9. Which among the following has been ranked as world's largest bourse in terms of number of trades made in equity segment for the first 6 months of 2012?
[C]National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
[D]London Stock Exchange
National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
The ranking is done by World Federation of Exchanges (WFE).As per WFE, NSE made a total of 7,35,474 trades in the equity segment during January-June 2012, making it the world's largest exchange on this scale.Rankings on the basis of No. of Trade in equity segment:1. NSE India 2. NYSE Euronext 3. Nasdaq OMX
10. Who among the following Indian athletes has won a Silver medal in London Olympics-2012?
[A]Gagan Narang - Men's 10 m Air Rifle
[B]Vijay Kumar - Men's 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol
[C]Mary Kom - Boxing
[D]Saina Nehwal - Badminton
Vijay Kumar - Men's 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol