Step-Up to End TB- World TB Day Summit
On 24th March 2022, the “Step-Up to End TB- World TB Day Summit” will be inaugurated by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Health Minister. This summit will be organized on the occasion of World Tuberculosis Day.
- This event is being organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Anandiben Patel, the Governor of Uttar Pradesh, is the chief guest of this summit.
- She will be attending via virtual mode and will be leading discussions and will be looking to highlight India’s achievements as well as innovations for eliminating TB by the year 2025.
- Bharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of State (MoS) for Health and Family Welfare will also take part in this summit.
- Awards will be given by the Union Health Minister to well-performing districts and states for achieving the improvement of the TB elimination levels.
- In March 2018, PM Modi had chaired the Delhi End TB Summit. At this Summit, he set targets to end TB across the country by 2025 which is five years ahead of the SDG TB-related targets of 2030.
Aim of the summit
This summit will not only act as a follow-up to the 2018 summit but will also highlight the progress made by the country in its journey towards the elimination of TB. It will also showcase India’s commitments towards the elimination of this disease, and the effort that is being done to meet its objectives of TB elimination.
This summit will also highlight India’s National TB Elimination Programme’s success and learnings.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|