Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021
India’s highest science award called “Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021” was presented to the 11 scientists on the occasion of 80th foundation day of Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) award has been named after the founder & Director of CSIR, late Dr Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar.
- This award has christened as ‘Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize for Science and Technology’.
- It is given to scientist for their outstanding contributions to science and technology, every year.
Recipients of award in 2021
In the year 2021, the recipients of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize for Science and Technology are:
- Amit Singh from Indian institute of science, Bengaluru, in Biological Sciences category.
- Arun Kumar Shukla from Indian institute of Technology Kanpur, in Biological science category.
- Dr Kanishka Biswas in Chemical Sciences category. She is from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research in Bengaluru
- Dr T Govindaraju from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru, in the category of Chemical Sciences.
- Dr Binoy Kumar Saikia in “Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean & Planetary Sciences”.
- Dr Debdeep Mukhopadhyay in Engineering Sciences.
- Dr Anish Ghosh and Dr Saket Saurabh in Mathematical Sciences.
- Dr Jeemon Panniyammakal in Medical Sciences
- Dr Rohit Srivastava
- Dr Kanak Saha in Physical Sciences.
Purpose of the award
This award is presented to recognise outstanding Indian work in science and technology.
About the SSB prize
The SSB Prizes are awarded for notable and outstanding research, annually. The prizes comprise of Rs 5,00,000. It is presented in the categories of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering science, Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Medical Sciences.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|