Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission- Things to Know
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to announce the rollout of the Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM) across the nation on September 27, 2021.
- This scheme will be launched with the aim of harnessing technology in order to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency of healthcare delivery across India.
- It seeks to provide a better access to healthcare data.
- It also seeks to create a national digital health infrastructure by building Health IDs, Unique Identifiers for doctors & health facilities, telemedicine & e-pharmacy, Personal Health Records etc.
- This scheme will digitalize the healthcare by creating a country-wide digital health ecosystem.
- It will enable the patients to store, access and give consent to share their health records with doctors as well as health facilities of their choice.
Unique digital health ID
This health ID will comprise of all the health records of each individual. It will be created with the help of details such as Aadhar and mobile number in order to generate a unique ID for them.
National digital health ecosystem
Under this scheme, a national digital health ecosystem will be created by means of provision of a wide-range of data, information & infrastructure services, and duly leveraging open & interoperable standards-based digital systems. It will also provide security, confidentiality and privacy of personal information related to health.
States running the National Digital Health Mission
The National Digital Health Mission is currently in its pilot phase in the union territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Chandigarh, and Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep, Ladakh and Puducherry.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|