NPCI launched Pai: An Artificial Intelligence Virtual Assistant
On May 27, 2020, the National Payment Corporation of India launched Artificial Intelligence based chatbot called Pai. The Chatbot aims to increase financial inclusion in India.
The PAI can be accessed 24/7. It provides information about NPCI products. The queries can be sent by the users through text or voice. In order to send queries, the users shall use websites of RuPay, NPCI and UPI. Currently, PAI is available in English and Hindi languages. It is to be launched soon in other languages as well.
The AI based chatbot was created by Bengaluru based startup CoRover Private Limited.
National Payment Corporation of India
The NPCI was founded in 2008 and was established by Reserve Bank of India. AEPS is one of the biggest success of NPCI. AEPS is Aadhaar Enabled Payment System. In July 2019, the number of AEPS transactions crossed 200 million.
The Services provided by NPCI are as follows
- Bharat Bill Payment System: It is a one-stop bill payment system.
- BharatQR: It is a code developed for ease of payments and interoperability.
- BHIM: A mobile application for unified payment interface
- Cheque Truncation System
- IMPS (Immediate Payment Service): A real time inter bank payment system
- National Common Mobility Card
- Unified Payment Interface
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2020
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|