IOC, RIL figure in Fortune’s top 100
· 8 Indian companies appear in the list of world’s 500 largest companies by Fortune magazine.
· Among those 8 companies, 5 are state-run
· Indian Oil Corp and Reliance Industries Limited stand among the top 100.
· Indian Oil, with annual revenues of 86.01 billion dollars, stands at 83rd rank an increment from 98th position in 2011.
· RIL is the 1st Indian private firm to be ranked in the top 100.
· RIL, with annual revenues of 76.119 billion dollars, improved its ranking to 99 from previous year’s 134.
· The other Indian companies featuring in the list are Bharat Petroleum at 225th position, followed by Hindustan Petroleum (267), State Bank of India (285), Tata Motors (314), ONGC (357) and Tata Steel (401).
· American companies occupy132 places in the chart, followed by China, with 73 places and then Japan with 68 positions
Top 5 companies in the list are:
- Royal Dutch Shell (The Netherlands)
- Exxon Mobil
- Wal-Mart Stores (United States)
- BP (United Kingdom)
- Sinopec Group (China)
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|