India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme
India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme was launched recently by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme was launched during the 2nd India-Africa Defence Dialogue (IADD) that was held on the sidelines of the DefExpo 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The newly launched fellowship will give opportunities for African scholars to conduct research on defence and security aspects in India.
- Under this programme, the fellows will be part of the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA) for one to three months.
- They will be provided with a stipend during the research.
- The research programme will focus on topics that will increase the understanding of security challenges in Africa and possibilities of boosting India-Africa cooperation.
- It will increase ties between Indian and African researchers and boost mutual research capabilities on strategic issues.
About India-Africa Defence Dialogue
The India-Africa Defence Dialogue is held every two years during the successive DefExpos. The aim of the event is to build on the existing defence ties between India and African countries and explore new opportunities to boost mutual engagements. The 2nd India-Africa Defence Dialogue (IADD) was held on October 18, 2022, based on the theme ‘Adopting Strategy for Synergizing and Strengthening Defence and Security Cooperation’. The event aims to explore new avenues for defence cooperation between India and African countries, including capacity building, training, cyber security, maritime security, and counterterrorism. Fifty African countries participated in this event. During the Dialogue, a book titled ‘India-Africa Defence Cooperation: Opportunities and Challenges’ was released. At the conclusion of the event, the Gandhinagar Declaration was adopted. It seeks to boost cooperation in the field of training in areas of mutual interest. It also aims to boost the capabilities of defence forces in Africa as well as joint exercises and humanitarian assistance during natural disasters.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|