Vigilance Awareness Week
Last week of October is observed as Vigilance Awareness Week under the aegis of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). This year, the week falls from 28th October, 2019 to 2nd November, 2019.
Theme: Integrity-a way of life.
The week is to be launched with an Integrity-pledge of the staff and officers of the ministry to fight against corruption
The CVC observes Vigilance Awareness week every year to promote transparency, integrity and accountability. The observance creates increased awareness among the public and encourages the stakeholders to participate in the fight against corruption.
- During the week long campaign, activities like public interaction for redress of grievances, debates among students, surprise inspections, poster competitions, essay writing, quiz, paining competitions will be conducted.
- Also workshops for employees and other stakeholders on preventive vigilance measures will be conducted.
- Organize human chains in villages and towns
- Display banners and posters in prominent locations and also places with public interface (Railway station, petrol pumps, etc.)
- Organize awareness programs in Gram Sabhas and in Gram Panchayats.
The aim of the programs is to motivate and sensitize the officers and staff to remain vigilant and transparent in their work.