Union Government clears over Rs 3000 crore infrastructure investment for 102 AMRUT cities
Union Urban Development Ministry has approved an investment of over Rs 3000 crore for boosting urban infrastructure in 102 cities across five states.
Decision in this regard was taken by Inter-Ministerial Apex Committee chaired by Urban Development Secretary Madhusudhan Prasad.
- The infrastructure investment under Action Plans for 2015-16 was approved under the flagship Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Scheme.
- The five states are: Haryana, Chattisgarh, Telangana, Kerala and West Bengal.
- These funds under Action Plans for 2015-16 would be used to enhance water supply, sewerage network and availability of public spaces in these selected 102 cities
- State wise annual action plan: Haryana as 18 AMRUT cities and approved investment is Rs 438 crore; for Chattisgarh for Chattisgarh is Rs 573 crore.
- Besides Rs. 416 crore rupees for Telangana and Rs 588 crore for Kerala. The highest allocations of Rs.1,105 crore has been made to West Bengal.
AMRUT Scheme: It is an urban transformation scheme with the focus of the urban renewal projects to establish infrastructure that could ensure adequate robust sewerage networks and water supply.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|