TIGER X-1: Hyundai’s New Concept Vehicle
The Hyundai Motor Group have designed a walking car concept robot. It is being called as TIGER which stands for transforming intelligent ground excursion robot. The robot comprises of the wheels having capability to adapt to navigate in the challenging terrain. The ultimate mobility vehicle (UMV) uses its ability to walk when it gets stuck or when required to travel in the difficult terrain not only on Earth but on other planets as well.
About TIGER X-1
- This is the first version of TIGER. The robot is based on the modular platform architecture.
- The robot has 360-degree directional control which helps in surface evaluation in disaster prone areas.
- The vehicle does not carry passengers but it can carry cargo and sensors to remotely observe the surroundings.
- TIGER has been designed to operate autonomously.
- It comprises of a sophisticated leg and wheel locomotion system.
- This UMV have the features of both the robotic technology and the wheeled locomotion technology. Thus, the vehicle is capable of traversing the difficult terrain.
- Further, it can connect with the drones. Drones can help in charging the UMVs and delivering it to inaccessible locations.
- TIGER can be used to carry goods for the delivery or delivery of the aid packages in emergency situations.
- TIGER is the second UMV by Hyundai Motor Group.
The first UMV by the Hyundai Motor Group was launched at the 2019 consumer electronics show. It comprises of the features like moveable legs. It could Elevate and was designed to carry the passengers.
Hyundai Motor Company
It is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer. It is headquartered in Seoul. The company was established in 1967.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|