Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2018: Haryana ranked Best State, Satara District of Maharashtra ranked Best District
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently conferred Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2018 to top ranked states and districts. Haryana was ranked as best State, Satara District of Maharashtra was ranked as best district. Uttar Pradesh was rewarded for maximum citizens’ participation.
The awards were given at concluding session of Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention at Rahtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre. The rankings were based on the National Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Top 3 States: Haryana (1st), Gujarat (2nd) and Maharashtra (3rd).
- Top 3 Districts: Satara (Maharashtra), Rewari (Haryana) and Pedapalli (Telangana).
- States with maximum citizen participation: Uttar Pradesh (1st), Gujarat (2nd) and Maharashtra (3rd).
- Districts with maximum citizens’ participation: Nashik (Maharashtra), Solapur (Maharashtra) and Chittorgarh (Rajasthan).
Zonal Ranking – Top 3 States
- Northern: Haryana (1st), Rajasthan (2nd) and Himachal Pradesh (3rd).
- Southern: Andhra Pradesh (1st), Telangana (2nd) and Karnataka (3rd).
- Eastern: Chhattisgarh (1st), West Bengal (2nd) and Jharkhand (3rd).
- Western: Gujarat (1st), Maharashtra (2nd) and Madhya Pradesh (3rd).
- North-East: Sikkim (1st), Mizoram (2nd) and Meghalaya (3rd).
- Union Territories: Dadar & Nagar Haveli (1st), Daman & Diu (2nd) and Chandigarh (3rd).
Zonal Ranking – Top 3 Districts
- Northern: Rewari (Haryana), Gurgaon (Haryana) and Karnal (Haryana).
- Southern: Peddapalli (Telangana), Thoothukudi (Tamil Nadu) and Warangal (Telangana).
- Eastern: Surajpur (Chhattisgarh), Surguja (Chhattisgarh) and Hazaribagh (Jharkhand).
- Western: Satara (Maharashtra), Patan (Gujarat) and Nashik (Maharashtra).
- North-East: Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh), Aizawl (Mizoram), East Sikkim (Sikkim).
- Union Territories: Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu.
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation had commissioned Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2018 (SSG 2018) through an independent survey agency to develop ranking of all districts of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (Swachhata) parameters. This ranking was done based on a comprehensive set of parameters including surveys of public places like schools, Anganwadis, PHCs, Bazaars, Panchayat. It also took into consideration citizen’s perception of Swachhata and their recommendations for improvement of program and data from SBM-G. As part of this survey, 6786 villages in 685 districts across India were covered. 27,963 public places namely anganwadis, schools, PHCs, bazaars and religious places in these villages were visited by an independent agency for survey.
India’s first Agriculture Export Facilitation Centre set up at Pune
The Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture and NABARD (National Bank for Agricul...
Jal Jeevan Mission: Rs 5,968 crores released by the Centre
On May 17, 2021, the Union Government released Rs 5,968 crores of rupees to implement the Jal Jeevan...
World Agri-Tourism Day
Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16. This year, on the fourteenth World Ag...
Maharashtra Day: May 1
Every year, Maharashtra Day is celebrated on May 1. It commemorates the formation of the state of Ma...
What is Cycle threshold (Ct) Value in a RT-PCR Test?
The Ct Value in a RT-PCR test is cycle Threshold value. This value determines if a patient is COVID-...
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|