Metro Man E Sreedharan to serve UN High Level Advisory Group on Sustainable Transport
Metro Man Elattuvalapil Sreedharan has been invited to the United Nations’ High Level Advisory Group on Sustainable Transport (HLAG-ST).
He has been invited by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to serve on his HLAG-ST for a period of three years. Mr. E Sreedharan has accepted this offer.
About Elattuvalapil Sreedharan
- Mr. E Sreedharan was born on 12 June 1932 in Palakkad district of Kerala.
- He is a retired Indian Engineering Service (IES) officer.
- Achievements: He is credited for changing the face of public transport in India. Under his leadership, Konkan Railway and the Delhi Metro projects were completed on time.
- He was given the sobriquet of Metro Man by the Indian media for his grand success in executing the completion of the Delhi Metro on time and with stipulated budget.
- Awards: He has been conferred with Padma Shri (2001), Padma Vibhushan (2008) and French Government’s Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur (2005)