Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week
The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is observing the “Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week”, starting from October 5, 2021.
- The campaign will culminate on October 10, 2021.
- October 10 is also marked as the “World Mental health Day”.
- Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week is being observed in India with the aim of encouraging people’s participation in breaking the stigma associated with Mental Disorders.
Activities under the campaign
Other activities being held under the Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week include:
- Virtual awareness workshops by NIMHANS, Bengaluru in association with Educational Institutions & other organisations
- Cycle rallies in Delhi,
- Green ribbon campaign,
- Short film release in regional languages,
- Launch of #breakthestigma hashtag campaign and
- Quiz or slogan competitions on mental health.
World Mental health Day
World Mental Health Day is observed globally to raise awareness regarding the mental health issues and mobilizing efforts to support mental health. This year, the day will be observed at a time when covid-19 pandemic has transformed the daily lives to significant extent. This has given rise to various mental health issues among people.
History of the day
First World Mental health day was celebrated in 1992 as an initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health. Until 1994, the day had no specific theme. But in 1994, the Day was celebrated with a theme on the suggestion of Secretary General Eugene Brody. Theme in 1994 was “Improving the Quality of Mental Health Services throughout the World”.
World Federation for Mental Health
It is a global mental health organization having its members and contacts in around 150 countries.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|