JAN ANDOLAN: PM Modi launches “COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour” Campaign
On October 7, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Jan Andolan. It is a campaign for covid-19 appropriate behaviour. The campaign was launched by the Prime Minister in the social media platform Twitter.
The campaign is a high-intensity, low cost campaign that provides key messages of following social distancing, significance of mask wearing and hand hygiene. It is being launched in the view of upcoming festival season. The Campaign was also launched with the aim of encouraging people participation.
What is the plan?
The campaign involves wall painting, putting up hoardings, electronic display boards in government premises and involvement of national and local influencers in social media, running mobile vans, generation of audio messages, brochures and Pamphlets. It will include region specific targeted communication through simple and easily understandable messages in every high caseload districts. The aim is to reach the message to every citizen in the country.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare says that India has the highest record of covid-19 recovery rate in the world. The recovery rate of the country has been boosted to 84.7%. India is the second most affected country in the world after US
Steps by India
- India launched Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana and Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan to fight covid-19. The schemes were launched to improve livelihood of the people during the lockdown.
- India increased the supply of ventilators, medical oxygen, personal protective equipment and medicines by imposing bans on export at the appropriate time.
- Covid-19 was declared as notified disaster under the disaster management act to help the states it lies funds under state disaster response funds.
- India pledged 15 million USD towards GAVI alliance. India also joined the COVAX initiative under the alliance to provide equitable access of vaccines to all the countries.
- India launched Vande Bharat mission to help non-resident Indians reach home safe.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs