Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board sets up two advisory committees
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has set up two high-level advisory committees to gather inputs from experts, including on service providers and corporate liquidation.
IBBI has been set up under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and is expected to soon operationalize. The two committees have begun their deliberations.
- The advisory committee on services: It will be headed by educationist Mohandas Pai. It includes National Stock Exchange Vice-Chairman Ravi Narain, SEBI Executive Director J Ranganayakulu, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy’s Professor Ajay N Shah and senior lawyer Amarjit Singh Chandiok.
- The advisory committee on corporate insolvency and liquidation: It will be headed by noted banker Uday Kotak. It includes Credit Information Bureau Chairman M V Nair, Corporate and Economic Research Group Advisory’s Chairperson Omkar Goswami and BSE CEO Ashishkumar Chauhan.
- IBBI seeks to consolidate and amend laws relating to reorganisation as well as insolvency resolution of corporate persons, partnership firms and individuals in a time-bound manner.
- It has been set up by the code to regulate professionals, information utilities (IUs) and agencies engaged in the resolution of insolvencies of companies.
- It has chairman and 10 members. Present chairman is M S Sahoo. There four government-nominated members.
Inter-Ministerial Committee set up to strengthen Capital Goods Sector
On November 11, 2020, the Government of India set up an inter-ministerial committee to strengthen ca...
BRICS Business Forum held: Key Facts
The BRICS Business Forum was held recently through video conferencing. The BRICS Business council he...
Why do online sellers file Anti-trust cases against Amazon in India?
E-commerce giant Amazon is going to face a legal battle as an anti-trust case has been filed with th...
What is the objective of RBI’s new 20000 cr-special OMO?
In a recent announcement, the Reserve Bank of India declared its intention to conduct simultaneous p...
What is the special OMO which has been launched by the RBI? How does it impact the economy?
The Reserve Bank of India recently declared that it is going to conduct simultaneous purchase and sa...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|