Indian Railways launches Yatri Mitra Sewa to help elderly, differently-abled
Indian Railways has launched launched ‘Yatri Mitra Sewa’ in a move to make rail travel comfortable for elderly, differently-abled and ailing travellers.
The ‘Yatri Mitra Sewa’ will facilitate access to wheelchairs, battery operated cars and porter services elderly, differently-abled and ailing travellers.
- ‘Passenger Friend’ or ‘Yatri Mitra’ can be assistant (Sahayak) or any other person nominated for the purpose. The service will be available at major railway stations across the country.
- The service can be availed at the time of online booking of tickets, calling or messaging ‘139’, accessing an app developed by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
- It can be also availed by simply dialling a dedicated mobile phone number to be activated for the purpose.
- The IRCTC has been mandated to implement the service for ‘free of cost’ by involving some charitable trust, NGOs, PSUs, etc under the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) category.
- But, if due to lack of response the service cannot be provided free of cost then IRCTC may arrange this service on affordable and reasonable charges.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|