India, Kazakhstan Joint Exercise PRABAL DOSTYK-16 begins
India, Kazakhstan joint bilateral military exercise PRABAL DOSTYK-16 began in Karaganda region of Kazakhstan.
The fourteen day (till 17 September 2016) will be a significant step towards fostering military as well as diplomatic ties between both countries. ‘Prabal Dostyk’ means ‘Robust Friendship’
- In this edition of exercise, Indian Army is being represented by a platoon strength and the Kazakhstan Army is represented by platoon from Special Operating Force’s Unit.
- The primary aim of exercise will be to enhance interoperability while undertaking Counter Terrorism & Counter Insurgency Operations in rural & semi-urban environment under the umbrella of United Nations.
- The exercise will be conducted in two stages. The first stage will be to familiarize with each other’s tactics, drills, weapons & equipment.
- Whereas in the second stage, troops of both the armies will graduate to jointly execute a helicopter borne operation in a simulated environment.
- Combat battle drills and physical fitness will also be the focal point of the bilateral military exercise.