Govt Targets Rs 50,000-Crore in Fiscal Year 2020 Through Gem
India’s public procurement portal Government e-marketplace (GeM) has witnessed a multifold increase in transactions which ultimately led the Commerce Ministry to set a target of Rs 50,000 Crore in 2019-20, and hitting Rs 1 trillion worth of procurements by 2021.
What is Government E-Market Place?
- It is an online marketplace to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various Ministries and government agencies.
- The platform offers online end to end solution for procurement of commonly used goods and services for all central government department and state governments, public sector units and affiliated bodies.
- It aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement of goods and services and eliminate corruption.
- Union Minister of Commerce & industry launched the National Mission on Government E-Market place for increasing awareness and accelerating the use of GeM Platform.
- GeM is a completely paperless, cashless and system driven e-marketplace that enables procurement of commonly used goods and services with minimal human interface.
Gem has displayed its potential in initial 2 years as it got setup in 2016 therefore all stakeholders from various sectors should come together to unleash the full potential of Gem.
Import of Oxygen concentrators for personal use permitted
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade recently notified that the import of oxygen concentrators s...
Flipkart to acquire Cleartrip
Flipkart recently announced that it is to acquire Cleartrip. Cleartrip is a leading online travel ...
What is National Common Mobility Debit (NCMC) card of Karnataka Bank?
Karnataka Bank Ltd. has launched the National Common Mobility Debit (NCMC) card. It is the first-eve...
BRICS Business Forum held: Key Facts
The BRICS Business Forum was held recently through video conferencing. The BRICS Business council he...
PM SVANidhi Scheme: API Integration with SBI Portal
On October 7, 2020 Government of India launched the API (Application Programming Integration) betwee...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|