Fee waiver for SC/ST Students in Jan Shikshan Sansthans
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has been waived off fees for SC/ST candidates joining vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS).
The fee waiver decision aims to further strengthen the skill ecosystem benefiting those in the underprivileged sections of society.
Jan Shikshan Sansthans
Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs) aims to provide vocational training to non-literate, neo-literate, as well as school dropouts by identifying skills as would have a market in the region of their establishment. The JSSs:
- Develop/ Source appropriate curriculum and training modules covering vocational elements general awareness and life enrichment components.
- Provide training equivalent to courses designed by the Directorate of Adult education, National Institute of Open Schooling and Director General Employment & Training.
- Provide training to resource persons and master trainers for conducting training.
- Administer simple tests and award certificates
- Network with employers and industries for trainees to get suitable placements.
The Directorate of Jan Shikshan Sansthan (DJSS) was formerly under the Ministry of Human Resources Development and has been now transferred to the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in 2018.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|