Facebook launched its first interactive Game Show in India
The Social networking giant Facebook launched its first interactive game show, titled “Confetti” in India on 4 June 2019. The launch announcement was made on sidelines of Facebook’s Social Entertainment Summit held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is Facebook’s first official show in India and will go on air starting 12 June 2019. It will air from Wednesday to Sunday on Facebook Watch, Facebook’s dedicated video platform.
- The interactive game show is exclusive to Facebook Watch.
- Prize: The participants stand a chance to win Rs.3 lakh as cash prize everyday on challenge of answering pop culture trivia questions.
- It seeks to enable its users to engage better and bring communities together around exceptional, interactive video experiences on Facebook.
- The interactive game was first launched in the United States (US) and is already available in other parts of the world the UK, Mexico, Canada, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand.
About Facebook Watch
- It is Facebook’s video-on-demand service. It was globally rolled out by the social networking giant in 2018, in an attempt to take on its rival YouTube.
- It allows users to enjoy videos from different genres in their personalised Watch Feed (carries recent videos collection from pages followed).
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Sports Current Affairs