Deepika Padukone, P. V. Sindhu named ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’
Actor Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu has been named as the ambassadors for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s new initiative called ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ movement.
What is Bharat Ki Laxmi?
This initiative by PM Modi aims to bring commendable work done by women across the country to light ahead of the Diwali festival. The Bharat Ki Laxmi campaign underscores the cause of women empowerment as well as celebrates extraordinary achievements of extraordinary women of India. PM Modi also shared a video in this regard.
Some Indian Government Schemes for Women Empowerment
- Mahila E-haat– It is a direct online marketing platform launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao- It is a joint initiative run by Ministry of Women and Child Development, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- One Stop Centre Scheme: Popularly known as ‘Sakhi‘.
- Working Women Hostels
- Swadhar Greh The Swadhar scheme- for rehabilitation of women in difficult circumstances was launched by Union Ministry of Women and Child Developmentin 2002.
- STEP Scheme: STEP stands for- ‘The Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women’
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs