Action plan to boost Higher Education
The Ministry of Human Resource Development is planning to launch an ambitious Rs 1.5 lakh crore action plan to improve the quality and accessibility of higher education over the next five years.
The action plan named Project Equip is described as the implementation plan for the National Education Policy which is expected to be released shortly.
EQUIP stands for Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme. The project EQUIP crafted by ten committees led by experts within the government such as NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, principal scientific advisor K. Vijay Raghavan and former revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia along with some corporate chiefs.
Objectives of Project EQUIP
- Improving access to higher education.
- Building Education Infrastructure.
- Adopting Technology and online learning tools.
- Improving gross enrolment ratio.
- Improving the quality of research and innovation.
- Improving the teaching and learning process.
Project EQUIP is aimed at bridging the policy and implementation in the arena of higher education.