11th Nuclear Energy Conclave
The India Energy Forum organized the 11th Nuclear Energy Conclave in New Delhi. The theme of the event was “Economics of Nuclear Power-Innovation towards safer and cost-effective technologies”. It was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State Atomic Energy and Space, Prime Minister’s Office and Personnel, public grievances and pensions.
- A nuclear power plant is to be constructed in Gorakhpur, Haryana
- The DAE (Department of Atomic Energy) is working along with TATA Memorial Centre towards the implementation of flagship programmes of the Government. The priority is given to shifting towards cashless transactions.
- The event organized three technical sessions on the following themes
- Use of Nuclear Energy in Health care and Municipal Waste Treatment
- Growth of Nuclear Power for meeting base load demands-Opportunities and Challenges in manufacturing industry
- Emerging Technologies for Economy and Enhanced safety; Molten salt reactors, passive safety features, small and medium size reactors.
- A hall of Nuclear Energy was opened at the Pragati Maidan in Delhi. The aim is to use the hall in the process of educating students and the public about the applications of nuclear energy.