Giving Construction Workers Their Due Construction workers form the country’s third largest employee base and fall in the unorganised or informal sector. India’s 45 million construction workers are evidently large in numbers, mostly migrant and almost totally ignored by the system at large. Measures taken to protect the interest of the construction workers The parliament ..
GKToday CGS Archives: GK, Current Affairs, Questions, Trivia and News
National Human Rights Commission as a Toothless Body The national human rights commission is a statutory body established under the provisions of Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. It is responsible for looking into cases of excesses which are violating human rights and to strengthen the efforts to uphold the human rights in the country. ..
1. Amendments Required For Simultaneous Elections The idea of simultaneous elections has been proposed to enhance the efficiency and productivity of governance. This campaign for the simultaneous elections has been spearheaded by the Prime Minister himself. To implement this idea of simultaneous elections various constitutional bottlenecks have been faced. To address these constitutional bottlenecks various ..
1. India’s Twin Challenge of Obesity and Undernutrition India currently faces twin challenges in the nutrition sector – under nutrition manifesting in several health problems as well as increasing problem of overweight and obesity. The global nutrition report 2017 has outlined this dichotomy. The findings of the global nutrition report 2017 In India, 16 percent ..
1. Carnatic Wars Recent Context The discussion about Carnatic Wars always escalates in media discussions whenever there are some key events in Indo-French relations. The military cooperation between India and France goes back a long way to the Carnatic Wars against the British in the 18th century. Indian troops were active on French battlefields in both ..
Topic 1. Adopt a Heritage Scheme “Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan”, is a collaborative effort between the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), and State/UTs Governments. The Project aims to develop synergy among all partners to effectively promote “responsible tourism”. Priority Areas The priority areas under the ..
431. 15th Finance Commission : Key Terms of Reference The presidential terms of reference (ToR) of the Fifteenth Finance Commission have raised questions. Southern states have raised objections over the directive to use population data in the ToR from the 2011 Census and not the 1971 Census that was used earlier. The terms of reference ..
301. 1992 Code of Conduct India and Pakistan have mutually agreed to resolve matters related to the treatment of diplomats and diplomatic premises, in line with the 1992 ‘Code of Conduct’ for treatment of Diplomatic/Consular personnel in India and Pakistan The Code provides for “smooth and unhindered functioning” of the diplomatic and consular officials of ..