UPSC Civil Services MAINS Examination- 2018 – GENERAL STUDIES (GS) PAPER 3
- “Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy is the sina qua non to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”. Comment on the progress made in India in this regard.
- Comment on the important changes introduced in respect of the Long-term Capital Gain Tax (LCGT) and Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT) in the Union Budget for 2018-19.
- What do you mean by Minimum Support Price (MSP)? How will MSP rescue to the farmers from the low income trap?
- Examine the role of supermarkets in supply chain management of fruits, vegetables and food items. How do they eliminate number of intermediaries?
- Discuss the work of “Bose-Einstein Statistics” done by Prof. Satyendra Nath Bose and show how it revolutionized the field of Physics.
- What are the impediments in disposing the huge quantities of discarded solid wastes which are continuously being generated? How do we remove safely the toxic wastes that have been accumulating in our habitable environment?
- What is wetland? Explain the Ramsar concept of “wise use” in the context of wetland conservation. Cite two examples of Ramsar sites from India.
- Sikkim is the first “Organic State” in India. What are the ecological and economical benefits of Organic State?
- The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is viewed as a cardinal subset of China’s larger “One Belt One Road” initiative. Give a brief description of CPEC and enumerate the reasons why India has distanced itself from the same.
- Left Wing Extremists (LWE) is showing a downward trend, but still affects many parts of the country. Briefly explain the Government of India’s approach to counter the challenges posed by LWE.
- How are the principles followed by the NITI Aayog different from those followed by the erstwhile Planning Commission of India?
- How would the recent phenomena of protectionism and currency manipulations in world trade affect macroeconomic stability of India?
- Asses the role of National Horticulture Mission (NHM) in boosting the production, productivity and income of horticulture farms. How far has it succeeded in increasing the income of farmers?
- How has the emphasis on certain crops brought about changes in cropping patterns in recent past? Elaborate the emphasis on millets production and consumption.
- Why is there so much activity in the field of biotechnology in our country? How has this activity benefited the field of biopharma?
- With growing energy needs should India keep on expanding its nuclear energy programme? Discuss the facts and fears associated with nuclear energy.
- How does biodiversity vary in India? How is the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 helpful in conservation of flora and fauna?
- Describe various measures taken in India for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) before and after signing “Sendai Framework for DDR (2015-2030)’. How is this framework different from “Hyogo Framework for Action, 2005”?
- Data security has assumed significant importance in the digitized world due to rising cyber crimes. The Justice B.N. Srikrishna Committee Report addresses issues related to data security. What, in your view, are the strengths and weaknesses of the Report relating to protection of personal data in cyber space?
- India’s proximity to two of the world’s largest biggest illicit opium-growing states has enhanced her internal security concerns. Explain the linkages between drug trafficking and other illicit activities such as gunrunning, money laundering and human trafficking. What counter-measures should be taken to prevent the same?
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|