National Summit on Agro and Food Processing
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to address the valedictory session of “National Summit on Agro & Food Processing” on December 16, 2021.
- During his address, Prime Minister will present the detailed contours of Natural Farming.
- This summit will be organised to emphasize on natural farming and to deliver message to farmers in far flung areas of India.
About National Summit on Agro & Food Processing
- This summit is being organised as part of “Vibrant Gujarat Summit” which is scheduled to be held in Anand, Gujarat from December 14 to December 16.
- Conference will be witnessed and attended by 5000 farmers.
- 80 central institutes of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), ATMA network in states and Krishi Vigyan Kendras will also connect farmers to witness this event live.
- During the event, farmers will get to know and learn about practice and benefits of Natural Farming.
Government’s measure to transform agriculture
- Government has initiated several measures for transforming agriculture with the objective of increasing farmer’s income, in last six years.
- Government has also been taking efforts to promote & support initiatives for reducing cost, accessing market and maintaining the sustainability of system.
Zero Budget Natural Farming
Government has also implemented ‘Zero Budget Natural Farming’ as a promising tool for minimizing the dependence of farmers on purchased inputs and reducing the cost of agriculture by using traditional field-based technologies. It emphasizes on shifting agriculture practices from mono-crops to diversified multi-crops system. Cow and its dung & urine play an important role in making inputs like Beejamrit, Jivamrit and Ghanjivamrit, on the farm.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|