Current Affairs Quiz – February
1. Which space mission/ satellite of ISRO has detected ‘Solar proton events’ for the first time? [A] Chandrayaan-1[B] Chandrayaan-2[C] Mars Orbiter Mission[D] Mangalyaan 2 Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Chandrayaan-2] Notes:Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter has detected solar proton events, via its Large Area Soft X-ray Spectrometer (CLASS). The proton events are said to increase the radiation exposure ..
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has brought which bank covered under Article 371F, under its regulatory purview? [A] North East Small Finance Bank[B] State Bank of Sikkim[C] State Bank of Manipur[D] State Bank of Assam Show Answer Correct Answer: B [State Bank of Sikkim] Notes:State Bank of Sikkim was established in 1968, five ..
1. The Dhubri Phulbari bridge which was making news recently, is to be built over which river? [A] Brahmaputra[B] Kopili[C] Teesta[D] Lohit Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Brahmaputra] Notes:Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently laid the foundation stone for Dhubri-Phulbari Bridge over Brahmaputra river.It is a 19 km long 4-lane bridge to be laid from Dhubri ..
1. What is ‘INS Karanj’, which was making news recently, with reference to Indian Defence? [A] Anti-tank guided missile[B] Scorpene submarine[C] Military Tank[D] Supersonic cruise missile Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Scorpene submarine] Notes:The Indian Navy got its third Scorpene submarine, which will be commissioned in Mumbai as INS Karanj. This is a part of ..
1. When is the ‘World Radio Day’ celebrated across the world? [A] February 9[B] February 11[C] February 13[D] February 15 Show Answer Correct Answer: C [February 13] Notes:‘World Radio Day’ is celebrated on ‘February 13’ every year, across the world. It was first proclaimed by the member states of UNESCO in 2011.The UN General Assembly ..