Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – August, 2014
1. Which among the following states has highest number universities in India? [A]Maharashtra [B]Karnataka [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Gujarat Tamil Nadu Tamil Nadu has the maximum 59 universities in the country. 2. The “Zabriskie Plateau” an area of hazardous sharp rocks is located on ____? [A]Jupiter [B]Mars [C]Saturn [D]Venus Mars 3. Pran Kumar Sharma, who passed away ..
1. Apart from Earth, “lo” is the only known body in the solar system with volcanoes erupting and spewing extremely hot lava like on earth. “lo” is one of the moons of __? [A]Saturn [B]Jupiter [C]Mars [D]Neptune Jupiter lo is the fifth of Jupiter’s moons and the third largest. Lo is the only body in ..
1. Muzaffer Ali, who has been selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award, is a famous ____? [A]Film maker [B]Philanthropist [C]Writer [D]Journalist Film maker Famous Indian film maker Muzaffer Ali has been selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana award for his outstanding contribution towards the promotion of Communal harmony, peace and goodwill. The award carries ..
1. Recently, it was reported in newspaper that use of antibiotics in poultry industry might be strongly linked to growing antibiotic resistance in Indians. What purpose antibiotics have been used in poultry industry? [A]Growth promotion [B]Increasing size of egg [C]Increase egg production [D]To keep chickens disease free Growth promotion The poultry industry uses antibiotics as ..
1. Which one of the following pairs of 2014 Ramon Magsaysay winner and country is not correctly matched? [A]Randy Halasan – Philippines [B]Saur Marlina Manurung – Indonesia [C]Hu Shuli – Singapore [D]Omar Khan Masoudi – Afghanistan Hu Shuli – Singapore Hu Shuli is a Chinese investigate journalist whose work has led to the ouster of ..