12 -Magadha Empire
1. Which physician was sent by Bimbisara to treat Avanti King Pradyota?
2. What was the other name of Bimbisara?
3. Who was the last ruler of Shisunaga dynasty?
4. Which among the following rulers is often described as ‘the first empire builder of Indian History’?
5. Who was the founder of Nanda dynasty?
6. Which among the rulers of Magadh founded the city of Patliputra (Patna) on the bank of river Ganges?
7. Who among the following was King of Magadha at the time of Mahaparinirvana of Gautam Buddha?
8. Who among the following kings was a contemporary of both Mahavira and Buddha ?
9. Which among the following was / were the reasons behind the Rise of Magadha as imperial power in Ancient India:
- Strategic position surrounded by five hills and aggressive policy of rulers
- Rich and fertile zone with good communication channels
- Association with Buddhism and Gautam Buddha
Choose the correct option:
10. The ancient city of Raj Griha which is modern Rajgir near Patna was built by which of the following kings?