Who holds the record for most wickets taken ‘stumped’ ?
Muttiah Muralitharan holds the record for most wickets taken ‘stumped’ – 47. Muttiah retired from test cricket reaching his final total of 800 test match wickets on 22 July 2010 in his last test match, taking the 800th wicket with his final ball in test cricket. He is the only bowler to capture 75 wickets or more in a calendar year three times.
Some other records:
- Muttiah Muralitharan captured 166 wickets at Colombo, SSC, 117 wickets at Kandy and 111 wickets at Galle. No other bowler has captured 100 wickets at one ground.
- Muttiah Muralitharan is the only bowler to take 100 wickets against India in 22 matches.
- Muttiah Muralitharan is fastest to reach 400 wickets, (72 Tests), 500 wickets (87 Tests), 600 wickets (101 Tests), 700 wickets (113 Tests).
- Muttiah Muralitharan won 11 the Player of the Series awards, the most by any player.
- Muttiah Muralitharan is the first bowler to take five wickets in an innings against all the other nine Test playing nations.