UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 08-09-2017
- As per Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR)’s report, 77% of total income of two major parties in India is from unknown sources. In this context what is section 29 C of Representation of People’s act? How is this legal provision misused to fund political parties anonymously? Suggest measures to ensure transparency in funding ? Also, discuss the possibilities of state funding of elections.
- How internet and digital inclusion can help to transform the life of tribals in India? Discuss along with giving policy suggestions in this direction.
- While highlighting the salient features of National Electricity Policy, critically discuss if the policy has been able to maintain a balance between renewable energy and thermal energy. Give policy suggestions.
- What are the conditions for a hurricane to form? Enumerate various categories of Hurricanes as per Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale.
- Despite of several UNSC sanctions, North Korea is able to sustain its nuclear and missile endeavors. Critically analyze the efficacy of economic sanctions towards nuclear disarmament.
Category – GS-II: International Relations