Karnataka General Knowledge
1. Which of the following statement about Karnataka is wrong?
[A] The state covers an area of 1,91,976 square kilometers
[B] Karnataka is 8th largest Indian state by area and 9th largest state by population
[C] The total number of district in Karnataka is 30
[D] The state of Mysore was renamed as Karnataka in the year 1963
The state of Mysore was renamed as Karnataka in the year 1963
2. Which of the following is the famous dance of Karnataka?
3. The scenic “Nandhi Hills” is located in which district of Karnataka?
4. The temples at “Halebidu and Belur” belong to which of the following dynasty?
[D]Badami Chalukya dynasty
5. In which of the following place of Karnataka one cannot find Bahubali Statue?
6. Who among the following had built beautiful temples at Pattadakallu and Aihole?
7. “Rakkasa Thangadi” or Thalikote war which ruined the glory of Vijayanagara dynasty was held in which year?
8. Consider the following statements:
1. The Halmidi inscription is the oldest known Kannada language inscription in the Kannada language
2. It is believed that the Halmidi inscription allegedly written during the reign of Kadamba king Kakustavarman
Which of the above statements is/are true?
[A] Only 1
[B] Only 2
[C] Both 1 & 2
Both 1 & 2
9. Bring out the wrong pair of information:
[A]First Anglo-Mysore war →1766-69
[B]Second Anglo-Mysore war→1780-84
[C]Third Anglo-Mysore war→1790-92
[D]Fourth Anglo-Mysore war→ 1801-02
Fourth Anglo-Mysore war→ 1801-02
10. The place Kudremukh in Karnataka is well known for which of the following ore?