India’s Spices Production
The following table shows India’s major spices Production in the Year 2008-09
- The largest produced spice in India is Chillies, followed by Turmeric and Garlic.
- India is the largest producer of Red Dry chilly in the world.
- India is second largest producer of Garlic in the world after china.
Values 000MT, 000HT
- Andhra Pradesh is India’s largest spice producing state.
- Rajasthan is second largest spice producing state.
- Rajasthan is largest producer of Red Chillies.
- Jammu & Kashmir is India’s largest nut producing state with 88.4% share in the country.
- Next largest nut producing state is Uttarakhand which accounts for 9.44% nuts in India. Himachal Pradesh accounts for 2.1% production of Nuts in India.