Basic Chemistry Questions & Answers
11. Which among the following scientists had discovered Radium?
[A]Marie Skłodowska-Curie and Pierre Curie
[D]Oswald Helmuth Göhring
Marie Skłodowska-Curie and Pierre Curie
12. Which among the following would cause the bright red colur due to bursting of crackers?
13. Which among the following elemtns are generally find in free state?
[A]Group 11 elements
[B]Group 12 elements
[C]Group 13 elements
[D]Group 14 elements
Group 11 elements
14. Which among the following is an example of a Chemical Change?
[A]Rusting of iron
[B]Magnetisation of iron
[C]Melting of iron
[D]Heating of iron
Rusting of iron
15. The most important contributor of sea salt is ____?
[B]Salty Rocks at bottom of sea
[C]Aquatic animals in Sea
[D]Atmosphere around sea
16. Which among the following is the most abundant organic compound in nature?
17. Which among the following is the objective of the Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) mixing with Petroleum?
[A]Raise Octane Number
Raise Octane Number
MTBE is a gasoline additive, used as an oxygenate to raise the octane number. Its use is controversial in the US and declining in that country in part
because of its occurrence in groundwater and legislation favoring ethanol.
18. When a tubelight breaks, a cracking sound is produced because ____?
[A]Pressure inside the lamp is less than atmospheric pressure
[B]Pressure inside the lamp is more than atmospheric pressure
[C]The lamp is filled with reactive gases
[D]The lamp is filled with mercury vapour
Pressure inside the lamp is less than atmospheric pressure
A fluorescent lamp tube is filled with a gas containing low pressure mercury vapor and argon, xenon, neon, or krypton. The pressure inside the lamp is
around 0.3% of atmospheric pressure.
19. In the manufacture of Vanaspati ghee from vegetable oils, which among the following gas is used?
20. In which among the following categories, Radon (Rn) can be placed?
1. Radioactive Element
2. Inert Gas
3. Noble Gas
Choose the correct option:
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
Video from our Channel
Tags:Carbon dioxide , Chemical elements , Chemistry , Gaseous signaling molecules , Industrial gases , Inorganic solvents , Natural sciences , Nitrogen , Nitrous oxide , Oxide , Physical sciences , Refrigerants