Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) is committee given the task to review the economic trends on a regular basis and the problems associated with it. This committee is headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the present government.
Functions of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)
- It has to review the trends in the economy and identify the problems and the effects of those problems. The outlook should be such that the review is consistent and as per the policy of the government.
- It controls the price of industrial raw material, industrial licensing for Joint Sector Undertakings.
- It also reviews the performance of Public Sector Undertakings(PSU) along with their financial and structural changes and modifications mostly related to matters like strategic sale etc.
- It is given the responsibility of coordinating all the policies at the high level including foreign investment which requires policy level decision making.
- Price fixation of agricultural products along with reviewing the progress made in rural development activities.
- To asses, the market and monitor the general prices of essential commodities and to take necessary steps for an efficient Public Distribution System.
- All matters related to finalising reports on the achievements of various Ministries, Departments, PSUs etc.
- It is responsible for setting up the priorities of PSU and revising the investment proposals from time to time.
It also looks into the matters which are related to international bodies like World Trade Organisation (WTO).
Video from our Channel
- What are the most important components of secularism as enshrined in the Indian Constitution?
- How Many Zonal Councils were established in India in 1956?
- Short Note: CARTOSAT -2E Satellite
- Have any principles been laid down to decide the liability when there are two masters?
- Virus: Importance in Economy and Environment