YouTube announces partnership with Whistling Woods to set up “YouTube Space” in Mumbai
Video sharing portal YouTube has announced to set up a new “YouTube Space” in Mumbai with Asia’s largest and most renowned film schools the Whistling Woods International (WWI).
The ‘YouTube Space’ at WWI will provide production facility for YouTube video creators as well as the students of WWI where they can learn video production.
About You Tube Space:
- This facility at WWI will be set up at Filmcity which is a major film and television production hub in Mumbai and is expected to open at end of the year.
- You Tube had launched first You Tube Space in 2012 the facility at Mumbai is the seventh other six are in Tokyo, Los Angeles, London, New York, Brazil, and recently launched in Berlin.
- At Mumbai facility the video creators can produce original digital video content right from the start of an idea through to filming, editing, and uploading to YouTube with the help cutting edge audio, visual, and editing equipments at the WWI.
- Both WWI and YouTube at this facility will also develop original courses to train the next generation of Indian filmmakers to succeed in digital and online media.
- To facilitate You Tube operations WWI has include content creation, audience development and monetisation in its degree and diploma programs.
- This new facility at WWI is set up by You Tube with an idea to support the incredible wave of creative Indian YouTube creator community.
About Whistling Woods International (WWI):
- Whistling Woods International (WWI) is a film, communication and media arts institute, a subsidiary of Bollywood director Subhash Ghai-promoted Mukta Arts which is located in Mumbai Filmcity.
- Recently the institute has partnered with Taiwan’s electronic contract manufacturer Foxconn for supplying equipments and creating a high quality content hub.