Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 6 December 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 6 December 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Tri-services ‘Exercise Indra’ between India, Russia to be conducted from Dec 10-19 in Babina (UP), Pune and Goa
- Indian Coast Guard gets more teeth, can now legally search & seize vessels in Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ)
- Govt sanctions Rs 100 cr from Nirbhaya Fund to set up Women Help Desks in Police Stations
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurate Sarai Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) in Uttarakhand
- Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurates Avantee Mega Food Park in Dewas (MP); first in central India
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- RBI hikes aggregate lending limit to Rs 50 lakh for P2P (peer to peer) lenders
- Rs 24,396.19 crore collected as fee from toll plazas of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in 2018-19
- GeM (Government e-Marketplace), CII organising 3rd edition of National Public Procurement Conclave in New Delhi on December 5-6
- Civil Aviation Ministry opens bidding process under UDAN 4.0 (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik 4.0) for NER, Hilly States, J&K, Ladakh, and Islands
- Mumbai court declares Nirav Modi, key accused in the USD 2 billion PNB scam, a ‘fugitive economic offender’
- Wipro Limited launches its Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) in Melbourne, Australia
- MG Motor India unveils electric car model ZS
RBI MPC MEETING
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI met on December 5
- Policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 5.15%.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains unchanged at 4.90%, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 5.40%.
- Consumer price index (CPI) inflation revised upwards to 5.1-4.7% for H2:2019-20 and 4.0-3.8% for H1:2020-21
- Real GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 is revised downwards from 6.1% in the October policy to 5.0%, 4.9-5.5% in H2 of 2019-20 and 5.9-6.3% for H1:2020-21
RBI UNVEILS GUIDELINES ON SFBs
- Payments Banks can apply for conversion into SFBs (small finance banks) after five years of operations
- UCBs transiting into SFBs will require of net worth of Rs 100 crore, which will have to be increased to Rs 200 crore within five years from the date of commencement of business.
- SFBs will be given scheduled bank status immediately upon commencement of operations.
- SFBs will have general permission to open banking outlets from the date of commencement of operations
International Current Affairs
- International Volunteer Day observed on December 5 with the theme ‘Volunteer for an inclusive future’
- World Soil Day observed by UN’s FAO on December 5 with its focus on ‘Stop Soil Erosion, Save Our Future’
Sports Current Affairs
- Former England fast bowler Bob Willis (90 Tests, 325 wickets) dies at the age of 70
Category: Today's News Headlines