Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 26 October 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 26 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Lucknow-based City Montessori School entered Guinness Book of World Records for having largest number of students at 55,547
- Odisha govt. launches social service initiative ‘Odisha Mo Parivar’ (Odisha, my family) aimed at encouraging environment protection, blood donation and the welfare of Odias in distress.
- CVC to observe vigilance awareness week from Oct 28 to Nov 2 with ‘Integrity – A way of life’ as theme
- BJP leader P.S. Sreedharan Pillai appointed Governor of Mizoram
- Satya Pal Malik appointed new Governor of Goa
- Girish Chandra Murmu appointed as the first Lt Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- Radha Krishna Mathur appointed as the first Lt Governor of Ladakh
- Former IB Chief Dineshwar Sharma appointed as the new Administrator of Lakshadweep
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- BSE Sensex: 39,058.06 (+37.67), NSE Nifty: 11,583.90 (+1.30)
- India’s foreign exchange reserves rise to a new life-time high of USD 440.751 billion for the week ended October 18
- Mahindra Two Wheelers Europe to fully acquire France-based Peugeot Motocycles (PMTC) for an undisclosed amount
- The 18th Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) was organised in Baku, Azerbaijan on October 24-25, 2019.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu led the Indian delegation to the Summit.
- Established in 1961 in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, NAM is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc.
International Current Affairs
- Evo Morales re-elected as President of Bolivia
- Incumbent Mokgweetsi Masisi wins another five-year term as President of Botswana
- Britain’s Natural History Museum names blind and wingless beetle after Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg
Sports Current Affairs
- Karnataka defeat Tamil Nadu to lift the Vijay Hazare trophy in cricket in Bengaluru
Category: Today's News Headlines