Telangana’s New rules on child labour
Telangana Government has issued a revised guidelines for curbing child labour menace, in line with the rules formulated by Centre.
- State government seeks to take strict action against those who employ or force children below 14 years to work.
- As per revised norms, if anyone attempts to employ children aged below 14 years, he or she will be punished with a jail term of six months to one year.
- They would also be charged with a fine of Rs 20,000 to Rs 50,000.
Task Force Committee
Labour Department will also constitute a task force committee headed by District Collector concerned, to effectively monitor and curb the child labour menace.
Can children work in movies or serials?
- As per revised guidelines, film director will require to obtain permission from the Collector concerned in order to rope in children in movies or serials.
- The children will be allowed to work only for five hours, with one break after three hours.
- Crew members are required to ensure child’s safety during the shooting.
- Furthermore, child will be permitted to attend shooting up to 27 days only.
- In case, more than five children are taking part in shooting, a person has to be appointed for supervision.
- Twenty-five per cent of the remuneration of the child has to be fixed deposited in the bank. This amount will be given to the child after he or she becomes major.
Provisions for parents
- If parents force children to work, they will also face action. Parents can take assistance from their children, but it must not affect their education.
- Guidelines further states that, children should not be used in dangerous works, retail chain and manufacturing sector.
Guideline for School Principal
If any child fails to attend school for 30 days, without permission, school principal will require to bring it to the notice of concerned nodal officer.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|