Shikshak Parv-2021 to be observed from Sept 5
The Shikshak Parv-2021 will be observed from September 5, 2021.
- During the Shikshak Parv-2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address teachers, students and other stakeholders of the education sector on September 7.
- This event will be celebrated to honour the contribution of teachers.
- On the occasion, PM will launch five initiatives:
- Indian sign language dictionary of 10,000 words
- Talking books (audio books for visually impaired)
- School quality assessment and accreditation framework (SQAAF) of CBSE
- NISTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat, and
- Vidyanjali portal to facilitate education volunteers, donors and CSR contributors in development of school.
Shikshak Parv-2021 will be celebrated by Ministry of Education (MoE) from September 5 to 17, 2021. It will be organised to recognise the valuable contributions of teachers and to take National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 ahead.
National Awards to Teachers
President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the National Award to Teachers through a webinar on September 5. For the award this year, an online self-nomination process was followed through a three-tier selection process at district, state and national level. During the event, a documentary film on each of the 44 awardee teachers will also be shown.
History of National Awards
National Awards to Teachers were first established in 1958 in order to recognise excellence and commitment of teachers towards shaping the minds and future of the youth. From the mid-60s onwards, September 5 was selected as a fixed date for the function to commemorate the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (former President of India).
Theme of the webinars
The theme of webinars has been divided into nine sub-themes such as
- Technology in Education: NDEAR,
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy: A Prerequisite to Learning
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|