The PRAGATI platform is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based unit which was designed by the Prime Minister’s office with the help of the National Informatics Centre.
What is PRAGATI?
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-active Governance and Timely Implementation and was launched in the year 2015.
- It provides an integrated and interactive platform for the grievance redressal of the common man.
- It is also involved in the simultaneous monitoring of the various programs of Government of India and the state governments.?
- It is a three-tier system which comprises of the Prime Minister?s Office, Secretaries of the Central Government and Chief Secretaries of the State.
- It aims to uphold the cooperative federalism as designed by the framers of the Indian Constitution as it is a unique platform that aims to bring together the stakeholders at the central level (the Secretaries of Government of India) and state level (the Chief Secretaries of the states) onto one single platform.
- PRAGATI aims to ensure the timely and speedy implementation of government programs and projects.
Why is it in the news?
The Prime Minister of India chaired his 13th round of interaction with the various stakeholders via the PRAGATI platform. He reviewed in detail the status of the Ayushman Bharat, Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan, PM Awas Yojana (Urban) and other schemes.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs