Pradhan Mantri Kausal Vikas Yojana 3.0
On January 15, 2021, the Government of India is to launch the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The third Phase is to be implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
What are the key features of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0?
- Under the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra are to be established and more than 200 ITIs are to be rolled out under Skill India mission. This will build a robust pool of skilled professionals.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 is to train more than 1 lakh candidates for a period of one year with an investment of 950 crores of Rupees.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 2
The phase 2 of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana was launched in 2015. It focused on the following
- Short term training: The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas training centres provided short term training to candidates who were school or college dropouts or unemployed. The training was provided according to the the National Skills Qualification Framework. The curriculum mainly focused on entrepreneurship, soft skills, digital literacy.
- Recognition of prior learning: It focused on aligning the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the National Skills Qualification Framework.
- Special projects: The special projects of the phase consisted of those projects that may require certain deviation from the terms and conditions of the short-term training under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
Pradhanmantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 1
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana was launched as National Skill Development Mission in 2010. It consisted of the following three institutions
- Prime Minister National Council on skill development
- National Skill Development Corporation
- National Skill Development co-ordination board
The main focus of the phase was to provide training to class 10 and class 12 dropouts.
What is the target of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
The National Policy on Skill Development had set a target of skilling 50 crore people by 2022.
Who implements Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas yojana?
National Skill Development Corporation operating under Ministry of skill development and Entrepreneurship.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
Topics: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • NAtional Skill Development Council • National Skill Development Mission • National Skill Qualification Framework • Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra • Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana