PM Modi holds Council of Ministers meet
On December 21, 2019, PM Modi chaired a meeting of his council of ministers. The works of the ministers in the past 6 months were reviewed by the PM at the meet.
The progress card of ministers and their works were evaluated by the PM. The ministers also presented their plans for the next four and half years. The priorities of the Government of India to achieve “Mission 2022” were listed and the ministers were asked to produce a report on the progress of works every three months.
The priority schemes are Jal Jeevan Mission under which tap water is to be provided to all the households by 2022, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, etc
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, GoI has planned to provide “Housing for all” by 2022. The GoI has also set to double farmers income by 2022. In order to achieve this GoI had launched several initiatives that include
- Encouraging Contract Farming
- Upgrading Gramin Haats to work as centres of direct purchase of agricultural commodities from farmers
- E-NAM to provide electronic online trading for agricultural products. Farmers can directly sell their products here.
- Soil Health Cards were distributed to rationalize the use of fertilizers
- Kisan Credit Cards were distributed
Under National Solar Mission launched in 2010, the government has set a target to achieve grid tariff parity by 2022.
Legislation on Council of Ministers
Articles 75 and Article 74 of the constitution deal with the Council of Ministers.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|