National Testing Agency takes measures to Acquaint Aspirants
The National Testing Agency (NTA) which is vested with the responsibility of the conduction of competitive exams has taken the following measures to acquaint aspirants with the computer-based examinations:
- A mobile application has been launched through which students can practice or take mock tests on their smartphones.
- The National Testing Agency has also launched a network of more than 4,000 Test Practice Centres (TPCs).
These measures are aimed at ensuring the aspirants especially those from rural areas are not at disadvantage due to the mode of the exam.
National Testing Agency
National Testing Agency is a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
The National Testing Agency is entrusted with the responsibility to address the challenge of assessing the competence of candidates through an efficient, transparent and error-free process.
Functions of the National Testing Agency
The functions of the National Testing agency are:
- To identify partner institutions with the necessary infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions to facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine.
- To set-up a question bank for all subjects using modern techniques.
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing.
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to institutions in India.
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India.
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise. To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same.
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments.
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations.
The National Testing Agency will be chaired by an eminent educationist and the governing council of the National Testing agency is headed by the Secretary, Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
The National Testing agency is successfully conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main for undergraduate engineering admissions and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for medical admissions.