MoU signed between Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Ministry of AYUSH
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying operating under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Ministry of AYUSH signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to introduce the concept of Ayurveda and its allied disciplines into veterinary science.
About the MoU
- The cooperation between the ministries will help to develop a regulatory mechanism for the use of Ayurveda in veterinary sector.
- It will also focus on capacity building in related areas through training.
- The MoU will explore marketing possibilities for herbal veterinary medicines on a sustainable basis.
- It will provide services for cultivation, conservation and preservation of medicinal plants.
- The cooperation will develop herbal veterinary education programmes.
- It will create awareness among agro-farmers and dairy farmers about the importance and utilization of herbal veterinary medicine and cultivation of medicinal herbs.
Animal Husbandry in India
- According to the Economic Survey 2021, the contribution of livestock has increased from 24.32% in 2014-15 to 28.63% in 2018-19.
- According to the twentieth livestock census, the total livestock population in India is 535.78 million. India has the highest livestock population in the world.
- In June 2020, the Government of India established the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund. It was set up with an outlay of Rs 15,000 crores.
- Th Government of India launched the National Animal Disease Control Programme. The programme was launched for Brucellosis and Foot and Mouth Diseases. Around Rs 13,343 crores were allocated for the programme.
- The National Livestock Mission was launched in 2014-15. This was to ensure the qualitative and quantitative improvement in livestock production system.
- The National Artificial Insemination Programme was launched to suggest novel methods to bring about impregnation in female breeds.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|