Indo-French Ecological Partnership
India and France will launch the Year of Environment. It will be launched by the Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and his French counterpart Ms. Barbara Pompili in a bid to strengthen the ecological partnership.
- Indo-French partnership on Environment, Biodiversity, Climate Change and other allied areas will be an example for the world.
- India and France have already undertaken several environment projects in Assam, Rajasthan.
- Another project will start in Jharkhand.
- Indian side said that the year 2021 will also enhance the cooperation in sustainable development and increasing the effectiveness of actions for the global environment protection.
Agenda of the meeting
- Both sides will work towards deepening the Indo-French cooperation on sustainable development in the field of renewable energy, biodiversity conservation, plastic waste management and smart cities.
- The Indo-French initiative also aim to boost the cooperation between the two countries on climate issues and jointly boost the global momentum throughout 2021. The year 2021 is a key year to fight against climate change and the erosion of biodiversity.
- Both sides will hold talks on joint efforts in order to promote the renewable energy and smart grids.
- They will also discuss to strengthen and universalise the International Solar Alliance. an international organisation initiated by France and India.
- They will enhance the bilateral technical cooperation on high-efficiency solar panels.
- Further, new investments will be made from French companies in solar power projects and smart grids in India.
India’s achievement in climate change action
India has made significant efforts in the climate change action. India achieved 26 per cent of reduction of emission intensity so far. The renewable capacity in India stands at 90 Giga Watt as of 2020. It also includes 36 Giga Watt of solar energy and 38 Giga Watt of wind energy
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|