Know India Programme
Know India Programme (KIP) is a flagship initiative for Diaspora engagement. The programme aims to familiarize Indian-origin youth (18-30 years) with their Indian roots and contemporary India.
Features of the Programme
The important features of the Know India Programme are:
- Know India Programme is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth.
- The programme aims to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology and culture.
- The programme provides a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with contemporary India.
- The programme has been in existence since 2003 and is open to PIO youth from all over the world.
- The programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) with preference to those from Girmitiya countries (Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, T&T, Jamaica etc).
- The programme mandates a minimum qualification of graduation or being enrolled for graduation to be part of the scheme.
The programme incorporates following aspects to familiarise Youths about Indian Society and culture:
- Understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various sectors etc.
- Visiting places of historical, cultural, religious importance.
- Familiarisation with art, music and culture of India.
- Visiting industrial sites.
- Visiting a village.
- Interaction with non-profit organizations.
- Meetings with senior leadership/officials in India.
- Visiting a select state in India for 10 days.
The Ministry of External Affairs implements the programme in association with the chosen partner state.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|